Dr. Lynn Weiss
ADD ADHD Pioneer | Child and Adult Psychotherapist
Best-Selling Author | Speaker | Trainer | Radio Host
- University of Santa Barbara, Ph.D., Interdisciplinary Studies in Child Development and Affective Education, 1976
- University of Washington, Clinical Internship, NIMH Fellow, Dept. of Psychiatry, 1965-1966
- New York University, M.A. Anthropology, 1966
- University of Arizona, B.A. Sociology/Psychology, 1957
Texas Forest Service, Consultant (2000-2007): Program development; writing children, adult and staff wildfire preparedness programs, and networking with community. Public storytelling.
Trainer, Teacher, Counselor
- ADD/ADHD, child development, trauma, abuse, and growth and development programs in US, Costa Rica, Chili, and Czechoslovakia. Federal prison consultant. Child Development training, speaking, and writing 1973 – Present.
- President and Managing Director of the Dr. Lynn Weiss Center, Inc. 1974 – 1995. Child and adult counseling, crisis intervention, individual and group work and supervision. Community mental health consultation with schools, businesses, and non-profits, public speaking and training in in marriage, family, and child counseling.
- Co-founder and curriculum developer for Training of Trainer’s Program designed for professionals to train adults and teens ADD-compensating skills, 1994-2005.
- Parent Child Center, West Dallas, Martin Luther King Center, South Dallas and multiple preschools throughout the Dallas area: Teacher trainer, Behavioral Consultant and Child Development Specialist. 1973 – 1994.
- University of North Dakota School of Behavioral Studies in Education, Grand Forks, ND, 1968-1972, Faculty appointment as teacher-trainer and statewide consultant with undergraduate and graduate students. University-community psycho-educational program developer and case manager. Founder and supervisor of University Infant Day Care Program.
- Community Organization Specialist, West Los Angeles Community Mental Health Center and Tacoma, Washington Community Mental Health Center, as well as Anti-poverty programs1965-1966
- Embracing A.D.D., A Healing Perspective. Taylor Trade Publishing, Publication Date Aug. 2015
- I Like Company, Koho Pono Publishing, Children’s Picture Book, 2011
- Attention Deficit Disorder in Adults, Taylor Trade Publishing, 2006 (4th edition. Best seller 1992)
- The New Attention Deficit Disorder in Adults Workbook, Taylor Trade Publishing, 2006
- View from the Cliff: A Course in Achieving Daily Focus, Taylor 2001
- A.D.D. and Success, Taylor, 1998
- A.D.D. and Creativity, Taylor, 1997
- How to Read Your Child Like a Book, Meadowbrook Publishing Co., 1997
- Give Your A.D.D. Teen A Chance, Pinion Press, 1996
- A.D.D. on the Job, Taylor, 1996
- Attention Deficit Disorder in Adults Training Curriculum, 1992
- Attention Deficit Disorder in Adults, Taylor Publishing Co., 1991 (First edition, Best Seller)
- Power Lines: What to Say in Problem Situations, Weiss and Lora Cain, Taylor Publishing Co., 1991
- I Wasn’t Finished with Life, Weiss, etc. al., E-Heart Press, 1987
- Freedom to Grow, Weiss and Rose, Humanics Press, 1981. Reissued as: Self-Esteem Activities, 1992
- Emotionally Yours: Shaping Your Child’s Life, I. T. Productions, 1979
- Talk Show Host NBC Affiliate, Dallas, TX 1986-1992, 1-4 p.m.
- Talk Show Host, ABC Affiliate, Dallas, TX 1981-1983, 12-3 p.m.
- Television Commentator, 1978 – 2006, including: WFAA (ABC) 3 regular weekly appearances with ABC, and packages and specials with ABC, PBS Health Week, including CBS Evening News with Dan Rather; NBC Today Show; CBS This Morning; CNN, LETN, Baptist Radio-TV National Network and multiple local and regional stations including cable and public access programming.
For bookings and for more information, contact:
Lynn Weiss, PhD LynnWeissMail@gmail.com